Travis' Mission

Travis' Mission

Monday, October 31, 2011

God works in mysterious ways

This week was incredible. So much happened I have no idea where to begin. The mission life is so busy and crazy, but i love it so much. We have many investigators that are progressing very well. I love my investigators so much, and i am getting to know them very well. This week was interesting because a lot of our appointments fell, and sometimes we had no idea what we were going to do. We prayed, followed the spirit, and we always found someone to teach. Each time we had an appointment fall we contacted and found an amazing person or family that was very receptive about the gospel. we followed the spirit and taught some inactive members that really needed our help. one inactive member named Melvin, who has been having a really tough and hard life, prayed to have us come over and was thinking about all day. When one of our appointments fell, i had the feeling to visit him, so we did. We were able to help him and bring the spirit into his life. He cried as we left, and he gave us a big hug. Its amazing how much the gospel and the spirit can bless the lives of people. I love being an instrument for the lord in helping bring his children unto him.

Georgina, the lady that we have been teaching, has had a great testimony building experience. She owns a little store that sells CDs and DVDs, and it hasn't been doing the best. The guy that owns the property was coming by Sunday to collect rent, and she was 300 Limps short (almost $15, but it is a lot for Honduras). We told her before about the importance of going to church, and how much she would be blessed. but she had no idea where she was going to get the money. she had two choices, go to church and close the store for a few hours, or not go to church and work to get the money before the guy came for the money. she came to church! she was there for only an hour, and i could tell that it made her really happy. she went back to the store, opened it up, and had many people buy stuff before the guy came. when the guy came she had 100 limps extra, and she knew that the lord had blessed her. when she told us the story she was so happy that she went to church, and she cried because she knew that the lord had blessed her. She is a wonderful lady, and i love her very much.

Yesterday for dinner i had the member teach me how to make homemade flower tortillas. The tortillas or really good, and it is amazing how they make them. after making the dough, they slap the dough back and forth in their hands until they have a perfect tortilla. but the thing that i found our is that they have been doing it all their lives and know what they are doing. I tried to slap the dough with my hands, and it did not work at all. I kept dropping it, it was an awkward shape, and it was very hard. But i was having so much fun, and i couldn't stop laughing. the members we laughing lots and taking pictures because of how bad i was. it was so much fun. I am trying to soak in all the culture i can of Honduras because i love Honduras, and i love the people.

It rained a lot the other day, and the streets were very wet and muddy. When i was walking next to a huge puddle, a rapidto drove by (van/bus) and sprayed mud all over me from waist down. i was so dirty. but right after it happened i just starting laughing. There isn't really anything else to do but laugh. It was so funny that i couldn't stop laughing, and i told and showed the members and investigators all about it. i was soaked and dirty, but i was loving it. It reminds me of a talk i read yesterday by Elder Wirthlin called "Come what may, and love it". It is an amazing talk, and i challenge you to read it. He talks about how life is to great and too short to not enjoy it. he also said that we must all learn to life. Life is hard, and it can be very frustrating. but if me put our faith in Jesus Christ, pray lots, be positive, smile, and laugh lots, i promise that life will be so much easier, and you will be able to clearly see the many blessings that our Heavenly Father gives us each and every day. We cant control what happens to us, but we can control how we react about it. I promise that if we try to slow down and enjoy the small moments in life, be positive, and laugh always, that we will find greater joy in our lives.

"Its often life's smallest moments that bring the greatest memories. Don't let these moments pass you by" (MTC Devotional)

Overall, this week has been fantastic. A lot of appointments fell, but i know that God works in mysterious ways because we were able to find and teach some great people because our appointments fell. I testify that God will always answer our prayers. It may not be the way we want, how we want, or as soon as we want, but God know what he is doing, he knows what we need, and he knows how to help us. It is so wonderful to see the many blessings of being a missionary. I know that Heavenly Father watches over and blesses the people that serve him. You dont have to be a missionary to receive the blessing of serving Gods children. I challenge each and every one of you to serve someone every day. If you do this, i promise that you will be blessed in so many ways that you wont know what to do with all the blessings. Life is hard, and we all need all the blessings that we can get.

Overall, I am doing fantastic. I love my companion, I love my area, I love my zone, I love the people, and I love the food. the food is amazing, and i cant get enough. the members and even investigators always love sharing their food, especially the baleadas and pastalitos. I am having so much fun on my mission. I love it so much, and i have never been happier in my life. thanks for all the prayers and support. Just know that i am doing great, i am protected by the Lord, and I love being a missionary. I love being a missionary.

Elder Travis Jay Ward

ps - read D&C 84:88. I testify that the angels of God are always around us, and i feel their help and presence along with the guidance of the Holy Ghost in my life, and i am so grateful for the extra help.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Seis de Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment