Travis' Mission

Travis' Mission

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Elder Holland spoke at Tuesdays devotional, and it was amazing


This week was amazing, maybe the best week i have had so far in the MTC.  I love being a missionary so much, and I have never been happier in my life.  My Spanish is doing a lot better.  I learn the most when I teach my lessons my lessons every day.  it also does help to have a teacher that is from Mexico.  He helps with the pronunciation, and he speaks fast on purpose which actually really helps a lot.  At first i couldn't understand him, but know i can understand most of it at his crazy fast speed.  I am teaching my teachers right now, and they are acting like one of their investigators they had on their mission.  I am teaching Marco and Monica.  Both of them have baptismal dates, but Marco has a problem with Word of Wisdom and Chastity.  The district ahead of us had a mock baptism with their investigators on Saturday.  Even though it wasn't real, i felt the spirit so strong.  I love practicing teaching, but I cant wait to go to Honduras and do the real stuff. 
On Sunday at the end of our fireside we learned a cool version of Called to serve.  On the last verse all the missionaries stood up, and when we all did that it was like a brick wall hitting you in the face.  the spirit is so strong, especially when all the missionaries are together.  the spirit of missionary work is amazing
This Tuesday was by far the best day i have ever had.  That morning was normal and uneventful.  after dinner i went to Choir like always. which is always a lot of fun.  For the Devotional never know who is speaking until they walk in.  Well, Elder Jeffery R Holland walked into the MTC, and we all stood up.  there was a large amount of excitement in the air.  This was the first time we have ever had an apostle at the MTC while i have been here.  It also happens that Elder Holland is my favorite speaker.  His talk was absolutely amazing.  He talks with so much power.  He talked about the importance of missionary work and how much a missionary represents the church in everything that they do.  The thing that hit me the most was for us as missionaries "to give our heart to Christ, and to give him everything".  I am now motivated even more to try to do everything that i can to become the best missionary that i can.  His talk is definitely now my most favorite talk because of how much it means to me, and how much it has already impacted my life. 
There is not other place on the earth that i would rather be than on my mission.  i have never been happier in my life.  I love the MTC very much, but i cant wait to leave in 2.5 weeks to go to Honduras.  I have a strong testimony of this Gospel, and i am so grateful for the opportunity i have to share my testimony to the people in Honduras.  Thanks for all of the support.
 
Elder Ward
 
A scripture that has really impacted my week is Mosiah 26:18.  I am grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ and to bear his name on my chest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment