Travis' Mission

Travis' Mission

Friday, September 16, 2011

Last week in the MTC until Honduras!


This week is my last week in the MTC.  I will be going to Honduras in 4 days.  I love the MTC so much, but I am so excited to leave to Honduras and actually do what I was called to do.  I will be going from Salt Lake City to Dallas, from Dallas to Miami, and from Miami to San Pedro Sula.  When I got my flight plans last Friday, my district and I were very excited.  2 of the Elders in my district were called to Spain, but they haven't got their visas yet.  They have been reassigned to Salt Lake City until they get their visas.  We are all very excited to leave and preach the gospel. 
On Tuesday for our MTC devotional Elder Ballard spoke to us.  It is such an amazing spirit when an apostle walks into the room.  It's really cool when all the missionaries stand up for an apostle.  His message was really great and very powerful.  One thing that I really like a lot was when he told us missionaries to be ourselves no matter what, and always smile.  I have been called to Honduras by inspiration, and I have a special purpose there.  The only person that can fulfill my purpose is me, so therefore it is important that I am always myself.  But at the same time I need to be a representative of Jesus Christ because everything that I do represents our Savior.  I sang in the Choir for the devotional like always, and I always feel the spirit during song. 
Speaking of singing and Music, for our sacrament meeting for our branch, 3 other Elders and I sang together and sang Be Still My Soul.  IT was very powerful, and I love singing.  Also when I teach I try to sing a hymn every lesson that has to do with what we taught.  My companion will never join me, so I sing a solo anyways.  Let me tell you... singing hymns during the lesson brings the spirit so strongly, and I cant wait to sing more to my investigators in Honduras. 
Yesterday I had the opportunity to teach "investigators" in front of 250 of the new missionaries (about half).  Every Wednesday the new missionaries come in the MTC, and one of the workshops is missionaries start the beginning part of the lesson, and the the missionaries together teach the investigator (all 250 of them).  My very first day was very cool for me, and I was grateful for the opportunity to help make the difference for the new missionaries.  My companion and I were recommended to teach from our teachers and Branch Presidency.  It was really scary at first because we did the door approach and everything (all in English, which was really weird because I haven't prayed or taught in English since the very first few days).  It was such a great learning experience.  
Overall, I love the MTC, and I am so excited to go to Honduras in 4 days.  I love what I am doing, I love being a missionary, and there is no place on earth that I would rather be than on my mission.  I have never been happier in my life. 
 
Thanks for the prayers and support.
 
Elder Ward
 
"Know what you want, and know how to get it"
"If you are willing to pay the price, nothing is impossible"
 
-Elder Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment