Travis' Mission

Travis' Mission

Thursday, August 18, 2011

MTC Life

I am loving the MTC so much.  I have never been happier in my life.  I love what i am doing, i love being a missionary, I love speaking spanish, and i love my companion and district.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission.
The spirit is so strong at the MTC.  The best part of the MTC is the Devotionals, Firesides, singing in the choir, and going to the temple every week.  I especially love meeting together with all the missionaries.  It is such an amazing feeling to have all the missionaries from the MTC together.  The best part is when we all sing Called To Serve together.  I feel my testimony growing every day.
I am very busy at the MTC, and i am always doing something.  I have been teaching two investigators for the past few weeks with my companion Elder Stults.  Their names are Marco and Monica.  It is such a wonderful experience to teach in spanish.  even though I still have a lot to learn in spanish, with a lot of hard work and the help of the holy ghost, we have been able to teach well enough so that they can understand us, feel the spirit, and gain a testimony (the investigators are our teachers acting like one of their investigators they had in the mission field.  Even though they are not "real" missionaries, it is a real teaching experience, and i have been have to learn and grow so much from them).  looking back on my very first week I realized how much I spanish that I have learned.  I feel a lot more comfortable with my spanish, but I know that I still have a lot to learn. 
Yo tengo un fuerte testimonio de este evangelio y sobre Jesucristo (I have a strong testimony of this gospel and about Jesus Christ).  Estoy gracias por la oportunidad servir un misión en Honduras (I am grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission in Honduras).  Yo sé que el Libro de Mormón es muy importante por conversión de la investigatores y yo sé que el Libro es verdadero (I know that the Book of Mormon es very important for the conversion of the investigators and i know that the book is true).  Yo sé que Jesucristo es mi salvador (I know that Jesus Christ is my savior).  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén.
I love being a missionary, and i cant wait to go to Honduras.  Thanks for all of the support
Elder Travis Jay Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment